Seating Dynamics Pty Ltd
The information we collect:
The company may collect certain personal information
- Email address
- Telephone & Fax numbers
- Products provided to you directly or through distributors
- Other information that may be collected when you visit Seating Dynamic’s website to read or download information. This may include your server address, domain name, date and time you visited the site, pages viewed and the information downloaded. Further information, including credit card details, will be collected when purchasing goods and/or services on-line through the site.
Seating Dynamics will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for one or more of its functions and activities. The company will collect personal information by lawful and fair means only and in a manner that is not unreasonably intrusive.
When collecting personal information Seating Dynamics will take reasonable steps to advise the company's identity, the purpose for collection of that information, that the person can get access to their personal information and the main consequences if that person chooses not to provide that information.
Sensitive information will not be collected about an individual without consent from that person to do so. Where that person is aware that information will be collected in the course of company’s activities Seating Dynamics will not disclose that information without the individual's consent.
Where reasonable and practical to do so, Seating Dynamics will collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. Where the information is collected from another party the company will act reasonably to ensure the individual is, or has been, made aware of the matters referred to above.
How we use the information you provide
Seating Dynamics uses the information collected for purposes including:
- Opening and administering client accounts
- Providing services and products to clients
- Monitoring the use of our website
- Processing payments
- Promoting Seating Dynamics activities and services
- Employment placements
- Surveys and questionnaires
As a general rule Seating Dynamics will not use or disclose personal information about an individual other than for its primary purpose unless:
- The individual has consented to the use or disclosure; or
- The use is required or authorised by or under law; or
- There is reason to suspect that unlawful activity has, or may be, engaged in and Seating Dynamics uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; or
- Seating Dynamics reasonably believes the use or disclosure is necessary for a specified purpose by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Seating Dynamics will use the information for our own direct marketing purposes only where:
- It is impractical to seek the individual's consent before that particular use
- The individual has not made a request not to receive direct marketing communications
- Each direct marketing communication draws the individual's attention, or prominently displays a notice, that the individual may request not to receive any further direct marketing communication; and
- Each written direct marketing communication sets out the company’s business address and telephone number and, if the communication is made by fax, email or other electronic means, a number by which Seating Dynamics may be contacted electronically
Managing your information
Seating Dynamics will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
Seating Dynamics will take reasonable steps to protect the information it holds from misuse and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Seating Dynamics regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies however, transmission of data over the internet cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. As a result Seating Dynamics is unable to guarantee the security of any information transmitted to it from an on-line product or service.
Seating Dynamics will take reasonable steps to permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Accessing your information
Seating Dynamics has set out in this document its policies for the management of personal information and will make this policy available to anyone who asks for it.
Upon request by an individual Seating Dynamics will take reasonable steps to inform that individual, generally, what personal information is held, the purpose and how the information is collected, held and disclosed.
In the appropriate circumstances an individual may gain access to the personal information held on that individual by Seating Dynamics allowing inspection, the taking of notes of or receiving copies or printouts. Seating Dynamics will require proof of identity to ensure personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and privacy of others is not undermined.
The information will be corrected if the individual shows it to be incorrect or not up to date.
Seating Dynamics may impose a charge on an individual to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Where lawful and practicable, individuals may remain anonymous when entering into transactions with Seating Dynamics.
An identifier assigned by a Commonwealth government agency will not be used to identify individuals entering into transactions with Seating Dynamics.
Transferring information overseas
Personal information about an individual will only be transferred to parties in foreign countries in certain circumstances;
- Where the individual consents to the transfer; or
- Where Seating Dynamics has taken reasonable steps to ensure the information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient in a manner conflicting with the National Privacy Principles.
Privacy Complaint Process
If an individual has provided Seating Dynamics with personal information, that person may make a complaint and have it investigated, governed by the following principles;
- All complaints will be treated seriously
- All complaints will be dealt with properly
- All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- Any privacy complaint will not affect that person's existing obligations or commercial arrangements that exist between Seating Dynamics and that person
Seating Dynamics is unable to deal with anonymous complaints as it is unable to investigate properly and follow up such complaints.
A complaint regarding an alleged breach of privacy should be forwarded in writing to:
19 Boden Road
Seven Hills NSW< 2147
The contact within Seating Dynamics will be the appropriate person to discuss or resolve the complaint, however, if the complaint is not resolved it will be referred to the Privacy Officer and then, if necessary, to the Chief Executive Officer.
If an individual is not satisfied with the resolution of a complaint they may refer their complaint to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.